Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Old Greenwich: Yes, it's that old

So, periodically, I'll be walking home from the train or just out and about and I see this guy on his horse and buggy with his dog.  Well, my friend Kelly was able to capture this fabulous photo of this mysterious Dickens-like character....you know, just taking care of daily errands like banking. I wonder if Wells Fargo was the first bank to offer drive-thru windows back in the pioneering days of horses, wagons, and cowboys. Hmmm...something to investigate.


Since my grandparents know every soul in town who's 60 and above, I'm going to ask them about this fine fellow. I'll be back here with more, if they have any information about him....

1 comment:

  1. Okay, so the man is Blaise Anello. Check out this article! http://www.greenwichtime.com/local/article/Dashing-through-the-snow-horse-escapes-with-945944.php

    ReplyDelete